Lead PHP Engineer
We are looking to hire a talented Lead PHP Engineer
Primarily working across a small number of greenfield, super-modern projects, leading technical decisions and maintaining standards, using a combination of your leadership skills and automated tooling. Not to mention, contributing to the project yourself, by leading by example!
You’ll work alongside the operations team to identify risk, help plan resourcing, and provide regular progress updates for any projects you’re working across.
What we’d expect
As a lead engineer at NE6, we’d expect you to take the technical initiative, leading and inspiring technology choices and decisions across the business.
Taking ownership and pride in the projects on which you are working. It is your responsibility to mentor, teach, and upskill other developers who work with you. A close relationship with the design and leadership teams should inform what is technically possible outside of the technical realm.
We encourage feedback between colleagues, across design and development teams, with an understanding that knowledge should never be siloed and that appreciation, and understanding for other work is a great way to learn. We encourage all work to be thoroughly planned (we love a whiteboard), and that work should be PR-ed before reaching production.
Our preferred tools
What we need
- Demonstrable PHP experience. (4+ years)
- Experience with a modern PHP framework. (E.g Laravel / Symfony)
- Clear understanding of modern Software Design & Software Engineering best practices and techniques.
- Experience, and understanding unit-testing PHP applications. As well as testing best practices.
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices.
- Working knowledge of deploying to modern cloud services.
- Experience and willingness to tutor, mentor and share knowledge with other developers.
- Thorough understanding of modern API design
- Good proficiency with Git (w/ trunk-based development)
What we’d love
- Experience leading technical direction on projects
- Ability to communicate with clients eloquently and succinctly
- Worked with, or implemented DDD across a large project
- Experience writing technical documentation or specifications
- Knowledge of React, or another frontend framework.
- Experience with Docker for configuring local, cross-platform, consistent development environments
What we’d give you
- Flexible Working Hours
- 28 days holiday plus all bank holidays
- Hardware & Software
- Training & Development
- Social Events
- Open Office