We are looking to hire a talented PHP Engineer
Primarily working across a small number of modern projects, helping plan, build and test new features and bug fixes.
We’ve got a large number of super modern, greenfield projects where you’ll spend most your time. Working alongside the frontend and design team to gather requirements, and implement the API they need.
You’ll have the opportunity to progress your career, with expectation that you take ownership of whole domains and functionality.
What we’d expect
As a PHP Engineer at NE6, we’d expect you to have a great problem solving mindset, with strong attention to detail.
As well, a willingness to give and listen to feedback between colleagues, across domains. As we’re strong believers this is the best way to share knowledge across the business! A passion for ‘Software Done Right’ goes a long way, with enthusiasm to thoroughly plan, design and review work.
Most importantly, we’d expect curiosity, and a drive to learn, and never settling for what you already know.
Our preferred tools
What we need
- Demonstrable PHP experience. (2+ years)
- Experience with a modern PHP framework. (E.g Laravel / Symfony)
- An appreciation of modern Software Design & Software Engineering best practices and techniques.
- Understanding of unit-testing PHP applications.
- Understanding of modern API design.
- Know how to use Git
What we’d love
- Knowledge of CI/CD best practices.
- Ability to communicate with clients eloquently and succinctly
- An understanding of DDD, and why it’s used.
- Working knowledge of React, or another frontend framework.
What we’d give you
- Flexible Working Hours
- 28 days holiday plus all bank holidays
- Hardware & Software
- Training & Development
- Social Events
- Open Office